Masoala Forest Lodge, North East Madagascar. A once in a lifetime experience!
The spectacular rain forest covered peninsula on Madagascar’s northeast coast forms the backdrop for Masoala Forest Lodge – a luxurious outpost lost in time and nature… A place to relax explore and connect with the natural world in all its primordial splendor.
The lodge is designed as an eco-haven to touch lightly on earth and allow an intimate experience of this unique environment and all the diverse species that call it home.
Accessible only be foot or by boat, with a maximum capacity of just 14 guests, the lodge is a haven of tranquillity.
ACTIVITIES, INCLUDED IN THE RATES
• Guided walks in the primary and coastal forest of Masoala National Park.
• Guided nocturnal walks in the surrounding coastal forest.
• Birding, mammal and reptile spotting in the lodge area and surrounding coastal forest
• Guided visit to the local village of Ambodiforaha to experience the local culture and traditional way of life.
• Guided sea kayaking on the sheltered coastal waters. Distance and routes taken are weather dependent and suited to the abilities of the clients.
• Guided pirogue trip on the Tampolo River.
• Snorkeling, with equipment and instruction provided.
• Boat excursions as per itinerary
• Nosy Mangabe Island visit
• Use of the Masoala Forest Lodge private reserve
• Teatime on the Sea Deck
• Massage voucher
• Use of the beaches at the Masoala Forest Lodge for self- exploration.
• A 40-hectare private forest reserve makes up part of the lodge grounds.
• This gives us the advantage of offering night walks (usually banned in Madagascar's National Parks) which gives our guests the chance of spotting nocturnal wildlife, such as Mouse lemurs, Leaf-tail geckos or even Aye-Aye. During the day, you are likely to see White-fronted Brown, Woolly Lemurs and many of an amazing variety of birds seen in the reserve.
• A network of clearly marked trails makes it easy to explore the forest at your leisure stopping to take photographs along the way, without the company of a guide. Again, this is an exclusive privilege of the private reserve and not one you will find in Madagascar's National Parks.
There are many packages available for Masoala - please contact us for further information.