7 Night Stay at the remote yet luxurious Masoala Forest Lodge
Masoala is not easy to access; the logistics are some of the most tricky in Madagascar. Yet, after many years and a lot of hard work Masoala Forest Lodge has become truly one of the most “Must Do” spots on the island.
Masoala offer 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11 night packages so please enquire if the 7 night one does not suit.
Remember - you would fly to Antananarivo for this adventure and have to spend the first and last nights there. These, and the airfares, are excluded for the price above.
To reach Maroansetra (Masoala) one takes a private air charter.
None of this is cheap - but……..if you can you REALLY should do it!
A Seven night package includes:
• Road transfers in Maroantsetra (airport to boat, boat to airport)
• Boat transfers from Maroantsetra to the Masoala Forest Lodge, return
• National Park entrance fees for every day of the stay
• Private guide for every day of the stay
• Visit to Nosy Mangabe island
• Accommodation at Masoala Forest Lodge
• All meals at Masoala Forest Lodge
• All non-alcoholic drinks at Masoala Forest Lodge
• MFL’s homemade flavored rums and other local spirits
• One free massage
• Laundry service
• Sunset cruise on the sailing pirogue
• A day trip to Antalavia cascades
• A traditional music-dance performance by the local community
• Guided walks in the primary and coastal forest of Masoala National Park.
• Guided nocturnal walks in the surrounding coastal forest.
• Birding, mammal and reptile spotting in the lodge area and surrounding coastal forest
• Guided visit to the local village of Ambodiforaha to experience the local culture and traditional way of life.
• Guided sea kayaking on the sheltered coastal waters. Distance and routes taken are weather dependent and suited to the abilities of the clients.
• Guided pirogue trip on the Tampolo River.
• Snorkeling, with equipment and instruction provided.
• Use of the Masoala Forest Lodge private reserve
• Teatime on the Sea Deck
• Use of the beaches at the Masoala Forest Lodge for self- exploration.