Sakatia Lodge, Nosy Sakatia, Madagascar
- Great Value! Right on the Beach! Lemurs in the forest!
- Best Dive Centre! Snorkelling! Resident Green Turtles! Family Friendly!
Owned and managed by Jose and Isabelle Vieira and their son Jacques and daughter-in-law Sandra, Sakatia is one of those places that you just want to return to over and over again. An incredibly loyal and friendly staff make Sakatia the success it is and there is always quick service with a smile.
Situated alongside the Sacred Forest the lodge looks out over the channel dividing Nosy Sakatia from Nosy Be. A lovely beach with a fantastic ‘home reef’ for snorkeling means that you really do not have to go very far to explore the colourful and abundant sea life. Green Turtles are resident just around the corner most of the year and Jacque’s dive centre offers both beginners and the most weathered divers new and unique dive experiences every day.
Jacques also has the only Fluo diving in Madagascar so if you think you have seen it all there really is something different here for you to enjoy. See also Liveaboard Diving. (Link) All excursions and other activities can be arranged from Sakatia Lodge and are easily accessible.
There is a minimum 4 night stay at the lodge.
Sakatia Lodge offers various choices of accommodation:
- Mango Bungalows – the smaller of them all but still quite comfortable with double or twin options.
- Ravinala Bungalows – larger than Mango with double or twin options and space for an additional bed for a child.
Each has a private verandah.
- Madiro Bungalow – this is the family bungalow situated in a private corner under the Sacred Tree. A double room partitioned off with a curtain to a children’s room with two singles. A shared bathroom.
All the above have fans, en suite hot and cold water showers and electricity limited to when the generator is running.
The Beachfront Villas are part of the lodge and are ON the beach.
Villa Ranomasy – is a three bedroom villa. 24 hour electricity and Air Conditioning between 1700 and 0200.
Villa Ranomasy Suite is a huge room with lovely en-suite bathroom. There is space here for another bed for a child.
- There are also two rooms alongside each other, both with en-suite bathrooms but can only be used as double rooms – not twin.
- The villa has a huge open air veranda for private relaxation.
- If you do not want the entire villa then various configurations of Villa Ranomasy are possible – please ask for more details.
Villa Tonga Soa – also a three bedroom villa metres from the beach and can only be taken as a whole unit.
- One bedroom with huge en-suite bathroom can also hold an additional bed for a child. The 2nd double room is interlinked with a door to a children’s bedroom with two single beds and its own bathroom.
- Fans and 24 hour electricity.
- The open air veranda offers a wonderful space to relax in private.